Tuesday 30 September 2014

An Apron made with LOVE - Lèèf Magazine Competition Entry

My mom decided to enter the Lèèf Magazine "Wys jou hart" apron sewing competition!

The brief was to make an apron while using a heart shape as inspiration -

I think my mommy can feel super proud of this effort! Wow I count 15 hearts in total!


 There are a few awesome prizes up for grabs and the aprons gets auctioned off for charity!
She used chain stitches to hand embroid a beautiful phrase - On a nine patch heart shaped bodice.  This bib is sewn to a bigger heart forming the bottom part of the apron.

The Heart Pockets on the sides are Uneven Lock Cabin, with appliqued mini-hearts which are blanked stitched.

White Crochet hearts finish off the binding straps on the sides.

I am sure if I ask my mom nicely, she'll make you a similar version too! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment